Saturday, 2 January 2010

A day of rest

Its weird how hard I find taking a day of rest from exercise to be! I realised this morning that its been 10 days since my last rest day, and I think even for someone whose exercise is lower impact that’s too much, so I decided to give it a rest today. Just doesn’t feel right though… especially as its been fairly beautiful (as long as you don’t mind temperatures between –4 and 2 degrees C that is). Still, I have been feeling run down a lot for a few weeks now, and I was feeling tired this morning, so I think it was the right thing to do. I’ll hopefully make up for it tomorrow though!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches

Lunch: Turkey veg soup (now whizzed up) with nimble bread & goat’s cheese and a mince pie with cream – the last one of the year for me!

P1020677

P1020676

Dinner: A vegetable stir fry with noodles. Normally I would add some kind of protein as a matter of course, but I’m just not feeling like it, so as my (far off distant) goal is to eat intuitively, I’m not bothering. And I love noodles – especially udon noodles! I was lazy and bought a stir fry pack I must admit. I see veggie stir fries as kind of warm salads I think! At the last minute I added half a bottle spicy vietnamese noodle sauce and OMG!!! My mouth is burning!!! My mouth is burning!!!

P1020679

Snacks: Can I just tell you what I planned to have? guess not, as those plans fell by the wayside… I was going to have a protein smoothie and a bowl of porridge – instead I ate several (very thin, honestly) slivers of fruit cake until I woke up and threw the last tiny wedge away! And a bison sausage while I was waiting for my lunchtime soup to heat up…  what? I was hungry!!!

Weight today: 10 st 4 lbs

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I love yours. Good for you for listening to your body and taking a rest day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. Maybe the Bison sausage at lunch meant that you didn't need anymore protein.

    It's certain very cold here, but I love the sunshine. If it was any warmer it'd probably be raining.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete