Thursday, 31 December 2009

Wild and windy day!

It wasn’t even light here yet and I could hear the wind tearing around the house – yuck! Speaking as an addicted walker, I hate strong winds, they take all the fun out of walking! Not that I let that stop me – as it wasn’t also raining – though very squelchy underfoot! However I can’t say I enjoyed the walk much, though I’m glad I got the fresh air and exercise. We just got a new coffee maker and I drank too many cups experimenting with strength, volume of water etc – I felt quite ill on the way home, jittery and emotional and slightly nauseous – not much fun at all! Still, I think if I hadn’t gone out on foot I would’ve been climbing the walls by lunchtime!

Food today:

Breakfast: Oatso Simple Cinnamon flavour with a snack pack of raisins and some whey protein stirred in.

P1020656

Lunch: Turkey and vegetable soup with a hummus and mixed pepper sandwich

P1020657

P1020658

Dinner: Quorn bulgar chilli with brown rice, served with a small salad and some butternut squash ‘chips’.

P1020659

OK, I admit it, I had 2 beers tonight instead of my usual limit of 1 – but hey, its New Year’s Eve!!! (We don’t go out or celebrate in any way so that’s a really flimsy excuse there….;-))

Snacks: Protein smoothie, babybel light cheese, huuuuge bowl of air popped popcorn flavoured with garlic pepper – yum yum yum!

Weight today: 10 st 5.4 lbs – that didn’t take long to correct back to before the Thai meal now did it? The only way is down….

2 comments:

  1. Chrissie,

    I just wanted to with you a happy new year. You've been so supportive and inspirational and I appreciate all you do for us. May the new year bring lots of good things your way.

    You will be my inspiration for the next year as I try to live more of it on foot, walking my way through 2010.

    Best wishes,

    Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. I love porridge with raisins in but I have resisted buying any for a while because I tend to end up eating them by the handful from the packet. I have chopped prunes in my porridge instead. I have no desire to binge on them for some reason. Can't imagine why ...

    I love the close up on that sandwich. Looks wonderful. And the soup too. I've not had any veg for a while (though I have had salad regularly). I need some very soon!

    Hope you had a great New Years Eve - with 2 beers!

    Best wishes to you for 2010.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete