Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Tuesday

We had a lovely day when my Dad and his wife came over! Due to dire forecasts of heavy snow – which didn’t materialise of course – they didn’t stay the night, but left around 8:30 pm.

We went to my favourite restaurant in all of Wales (said with very little real knowledge of restaurants because we rarely eat out!) First it was A Thai restaurant, then it became a Thai & Indian restaurant, and when we went yesterday it looked and sounded as if it was reverting to just Thai, under new management and with a new chef. Regardless of these details the quality is always superb, though its a shame we’ve now lost the choice between Indian and Thai as that was quite handy for big groups (Last year we took all our parents and in a party of 8 of us, were pretty evenly split between Thai-eaters and Indian-eaters!)

The only problem they always have is slow service, though its compensated for by the incredible helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. Sadly it gets very little trade (hence all the changes of hands) because its very isolated on the A48 with no local trade to speak of. Hopefully it will continue on in one incarnation or another even so!

Because we were all so hungry by the time the food came I never thought to photograph it even though my camera was in my hand bag. So I’ll just settle for a couple of photographs telling you what we had – sorry! We all ate enough to be stuffed, no-one had dessert, and it was wonderful!

I have to admit I didn’t succeed in controlling my food very well. In the morning I kept nibbling until about 11 am when I finally found something else to occupy my hands. However, I had spent 40 mins on the elliptical walker so it could have been worse! Between lunch and tea I had no desire to snack on anything more substantial than a couple of cashew nuts, and tea was smaller than planned (although it included a small slice of buttercream-iced fruit cake) I was still punished in this morning’s weigh in – but you’ll hear about that later!

Food Tuesday:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches

Lunch: Set Meal D for 4 – plus an extra complementary dish because of the change of chef etc. – or to put it another way, 4 people & 5 meals… no wonder we were stuffed!

P1020650

P1020651

Dinner: A small ham roll, a slice of sunflower spelt bread with Chavroux goat’s cheese, another smaller slice with goat’s cheese & smoked salmon, and the fruit cake.

Snacks: After training I microwaved an apple with cinnamon for 2 mins, topped it with laughing cow and put it back in the microwave for another minute:

P1020649

Not pretty, but pretty tasty!

I also ate 2 or 3 after eight mints, 3 of my world peace cookies, a green & black chocolate, a couple of dates stuffed with walnuts, a couple of pieces of frozen banana and a really tiny sliver of the fruit cake. Actually that’s less than I thought…

Weight Tuesday: 10 st 5.5 lbs – so a pound lost over night! If only I’d kept it off…..

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Glad you had a nice day. And who can turn down free food? It would just be so impolite!

    The buffet tea sounds the nicest thing though. You're giving me ideas ...

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete