Saturday, 19 December 2009

A perfect winter morning

For a nice walk into town! I admit I would have preferred slightly less of the freezing ear-tips syndrome when I set out, but once my extremities numbed a bit it was a lot more enjoyable, and I had time to enjoy the bright sunshine, blue sky, crisp air, and the sound of grass crunching underfoot (instead of soggy mud squelching at every step!) Here’s a couple of views from my walk:

P1020513

P1020519 

Food today:

Breakfast: Poached eggs on toast – I wanted warm, and didn’t fancy porridge!

P1020511

Lunch: Vegetable soup and grilled vegetable sandwich with goat’s cheese.

MEMO0003

Dinner: Curried meatloaf with carrot, swede & potato mash, peas and cauliflower – YUM!!!

P1020522

Snacks: Protein smoothie, all bran with peaches, an apple and some small chocolate biscuits. Yes, I had some munchies going on – but still well within calories thanks to the 5 mile walk this morning!

 

Weight today: 10 st 3.4 lbs again – yay!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Sorry I couldn't comment yesterday - my connection was awol for some reason. Drove me bonkers!

    Looks like there's still a lot of water around.

    That dinner looks just perfect for a very cold evening! I think it's a little warmer here today after raining in the night. No snow here!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete