Wednesday, 9 December 2009

No lettuce was weighed in the making of this salad

Today, I saw the sun… only for about 1 minute, but it was definitely the sun all the same! It hasn’t rained today at all, so I managed a nice 5 mile walk. On the way out I was carrying about 14 lbs, on the way back 25.5 lbs – and I was so tired! I’m not sure why as I have carried quite a bit more than that in the past, but I guess it doesn’t take long to lose strength when you’re lying by the pool all day.

Food today:

Breakfast: Poached eggs on nimble toast – I wanted more protein and less fibre and it was very yummy!  My eggs may not be pretty, round or symmetrical but they have lovely creamy yolks!

P1020442

Lunch:

Soup and a grilled vegetable sandwich (grilled using my lovely new health grill!)

P1020443

Followed by an apple with laughing cow light and cinnamon

P1020444

Dinner:

Pan fried rare fillet steak with home made oven chips and a salad of spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, green & yellow pepper, red onion & celery. With some horseradish sauce for the steak, and fig balsamic cream as dressing for the salad!

P1020448

P1020447

Snacks:

Protein smoothie and raisins

I feel so healthy!

Thanks for your support yesterday guys – you were great as always!

Weight today: 10 st 5.25 lbs – and I’m glad I decided to weigh in today! I was expecting more damage from the last 2 days. I think I know why though – pardon the TMI but lets just say that the food I’ve been binging on eating for the last couple of days has been passing on through at the speed of light… in fact I wonder if that’s what the binging was about? Maybe my body was trying to replace lost nutrients? Hmm, I like that theory, even if it ignores the fact that only a stupid body would try to find quality nutrients in chocolate chips and popcorn!

Now I’m off to watch The Hangover!

Stay Healthy – and keep laughing!

Chrissie

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy The Hangover. I was shocked, apalled and laughed my fool head off. It was quite an experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. That looks like the perfect breakfast to me - feels indulgent yet is packed with protein and nutrients, and light on calories. Scrumpy!

    I can't imagine what you're carrying in your backpack that weighs so much ... except a small child! (And I don't suppose you've nicked one of the neighbour's!) You must have a very strong back and shoulders.

    Glad you're feeling happier and healthier today.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete