Monday, 7 December 2009

Monday and yet more rain!!!

I honestly feel like I’ve done very little but eat today – even though I’ve been tracking my food and it hasn’t been that much. I’ve just had a really really quiet day, on my own in the house, haven’t set foot outside the door and haven’t even seen the postman. It sounds really boring, but I’m asocial enough to have enjoyed it after having very little alone time on holiday – am I the only one who finds living in one room with another human being, even if it is my husband, a little too much after 10 days? Especially with the other 4 family members around the place all the time as well? I love him, and them, but I am a person who needs ‘me time’ when I don’t have to take anyone else into consideration, even if that does sound selfish.  He went back to work today, and once I’d waved him off (not literally) I had the day to myself – great! Except for the f***ing rain all day. If this part of Wales isn’t underwater by morning it will be a miracle.

I’ve invited my Mum and her OH over tomorrow for the day, so I have to go do house work now. It was done before Cuba, honestly it was, but you wouldn’t know it now… Sometimes it occurs to me to do this stuff before the last minute – but there is always something better to do, even if its just cutting my toenails…

Food today:

Breakfast: all bran with tinned peaches

Lunch: split pea and vegetable soup with added ham, spinach, a roasted garlic clove and chick peas – yum!

P1020436

Dinner: Vegetable fried rice with a few tiny frozen quorn beef style pieces. I have to confess that I’m in a mad panic to use up the contents of my freezer again – I have 3 sets of family coming over during the Christmas period, and no room for all the food that I should be buying to feed them! So you will be seeing some fairly dull food and lots of repetition for a little while!

P1020437

Snacks: Protein smoothie – for a change made from frozen banana and peach with soya milk and spinach – and topped with chocolate chips and chia seeds. And about 100000 spelt flatbread crackers, some with sweet chilli hummus. Plus a few raisins and a little peanut butter.

P1020435

Weight today: 10 st 5 lbs exactly – better!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Wondered how it worked out with so many family members there.

    Strange how people tidy up the house before going away ... just so it's nice and clean for the burglars?

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete