Friday, 18 December 2009

I hate housework

Sorry guys, I wrote this yesterday and the PC crashed before I could post it… then I forgot to go back and publish afterwards… so, this was Thursday ;-)

It turns me into a whiny teenager pouting about being told to tidy my room ;-)

Unfortunately, this means I do it as rarely as possible even though I know it will be worse when I do. Or is it… maybe knowing I didn’t do it yesterday means I have a slightly happier attitude to having to do it today? Nah. Didn’t think so. So, bathrooms cleaned… check. General tidying up… check.  Hoovering… check. That’s enough for one day…

I haven’t baked anything today. Seems like a bit of a waste of a day. I went shopping bright and early, and was planning to bake at least one loaf of raisin bread (I’ve giving away some baked goodies to my family btw, if I didn’t mention it and you thought I was just going to eat carbs till I exploded). I came back from Tesco sans raisins, which kind of ruined that plan as I didn’t have time to shop again with all the housework going on. At about 2:45 I decided having finished the grunt work, I needed a walk – just a  short one as it gets dark so damned early these days, so I loaded up my rucksack with 22 lbs of free weights and headed off up the road to nowhere. I don’t enjoy walking nowhere as much as I do walking with purpose, but I suppose walking for 43 minutes in what’s left of the sunshine (snow showers forecast from tomorrow) will have to be its own purpose. At least I did something, however my back is aching now – I’ve carried much heavier rucksacks in the past, so I guess it must be down to the different distribution of weight when its a few small free weights rather than bottles, jars, tins & huge melons weighing me down!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran, I finished off the fruit compote from the other day with it for a change. It was quite nice, but peaches are still better!

Lunch: Soup with open-faced laughing cow, red onion and tomato sandwiches on toasted nimble

P1020505

Dinner: Vegetable fried rice flavoured with garlic, ginger, red chilli flakes, curry powder, soy sauce and cayenne pepper.

P1020507

Snacks: Protein smoothie for morning snack; mid-afternoon I had an egg scrambled with extra egg whites on toast. I think I had rather a large portion of egg whites – it was very filling! The tiny slice of nimble peeking out round the egg mountain was actually dolloped spread with real butter – a very rare event!

P1020506

Weight today: 10 st 4.25 lbs!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. I hate housework too. The only time I really go for it is when I'm in love! Must be some sort of nest-building thing.

    Really annoying to forget the vital thing. I went to the shop round the corner yesterday and forgot ... tissues! Brilliant when my nose won't give up!

    Such a lot of weight in that rucksack. My first laptop bought over a decade ago was too heavy for me to carry and it weighed about 7 lbs! I don't know how you do it.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete