Sunday, 13 December 2009

Happy Sunday!!!

You’ve probably guessed that it was sunny this morning so I managed a good walk and enjoyed it! I went to a local garden centre with a good farm shop to treat myself to some flavoured coffee – Swiss Chocolate Almond flavour. I haven’t tried it yet, but will be testing it tomorrow! I also bought some lovely vinegar (a blend of balsamic & white wine vinegar with orange, lemon, and I think ginger) – they’ve just started selling vinegars in the deli section of the farm shop and are enticing people like me with little pots of it to dip bread nibbles into. I tasted this one and practically swooned on the spot! I also bought myself a bottle of Christmas Ale to try, and 2 – yes, exactly 2 – chocolate covered brazil nuts.  I can’t buy these in quantity because they are irresistible once I start eating them, but I fancied a treat and decided the embarrassment of ‘pick’n’mixing’ 2 nuts was worth it! I haven’t eaten them yet though (as I type this – no guarantee that will be true by the time you read it!) I walked over a squelchy field along the way, which was pleasantly hard work for a change.

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with tinned peaches and raisins

Lunch: Split pea & pumpkin veg soup (still going strong – and getting better every day!) with a dry fried light choices cumberland sausage for protein, also a laughing cow and wafer thin ham salad sandwich.

P1020477

Dinner:  Quorn-bulgar bolognese with a small portion of wholemeal fusilli, green beans, leeks and courgette. Topped with a little grated parmesan. I added some chilli-flavoured tomato ketchup to the bolognese and it was yummy & richer than usual – I really enjoyed it!

P1020481

P1020480

Snacks: Protein bar and a fruit bowl of frozen berries & cherries plus a chopped apple and a chopped stem ginger ball. I added a splash of rum and a splash of the stem ginger syrup and heated it in the microwave. It was nice, but next time I’ll make sure I have time to do it properly on the stove top, and possibly replace the mixed frozen fruit with a pear, some melon and maybe a plum. And some sliced banana might be nice as well… hmmm…

P1020479

The reason I didn’t have time to cook my ‘compote’ properly? We were half way through watching ‘Angels and Demons’, rented from Lovefilm. Not bad – very entertaining – but Ewan McGregor has a terrible Irish accent and the ending was kind of unconvincing!  Still, it started raining while we were watching it, so I was glad to be shut away from the depressing change in weather!

Weight today: 10 st 5.1 lbs

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie. I tried various flavoured coffee from Whittard a while back and they just didn't work for me at all. They were instant though. But I don't think the real coffee ones would have been any better because it's still artificial flavouring. Just tasted bitter and, well, artificial. I gave them away in the end. But maybe the type you bought actually has real chocolate in it and real almond flavouring?

    That vinegar sounds very nice indeed! And well done for having the guts to only buy 2 chocolate brazils! Eccentricity should be celebrated!

    Sounds like you're hankering for some exotic fruit salad ... reminding you of your holiday?

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes when I look at one of your pictures, it almost makes me willing to cook something!

    Split pea and pumpkin soup?! OMG!

    Thanks for the nice comment on my blog, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. first time poppingg over to your blog...that fruit looked sooo good! I wish every dinner included fresh fruit... sweets who be so less appitizing

    ReplyDelete