Thursday, 24 December 2009

Busy busy busy day

MERRY CHRISTMAS

EVERYBODY!!!

I’ve roasted a turkey, baked a loaf of raisin bread, baked maple walnut biscotti, walked into town for a last few bits and pieces (nearly falling on my ass twice!), done laundry, done some tidying up in preparation for my Parents in Law coming for the day tomorrow…  and after dinner, not an hour after telling my mum I was getting a bit tired of cooking so much I got a sudden urge to keep going and decided to make a loaf of banana ginger teabread – not only do I have all the ingredients, but I actively wanted to use up some stem ginger – the perfect recipe to test (if its nice – of course you’ll find out when I do!)

And here it is in pictures (well some of it anyway)

P1020575

Biscotti after first baking

P1020578

and after second baking

P1020583

the raisin bread.

P1020589

and the banana ginger teabread – looks pretty good, don’t you think?

I think you know what a turkey looks like, so I’ll spare you that (as I already hacked carved it up so I can reheat the breast in gravy tomorrow (saving last minute carving on the day))

Food today:

Breakfast: Sausage sandwich made with the pork and leek sausages I bought at Devizes Market a few weeks ago. (The sausages were halved lengthways, I didn’t eat 4 of them! and there was another slice of bread added after the photo was taken)

P1020570

Lunch: Spicy Jerk Chicken with mango salsa sandwich made with chilli pepper bread (from Waitrose) and homemade soup

P1020576

P1020582

Dinner: Singapore noodles

P1020586

Snacks: All bran with peaches; a few world peace cookies; a small amount of rice crackers (this stuff is soooo addictive!!!);

P1020588

home made mince pie with rum & raisin cream

P1020584

P1020585

Weight today: 10 st 2.5 lbs. WTF??? No complaints, definitely no complaints, but I doubt if I’ll be weighing that tomorrow somehow! Not that I intend to find out – I’ll be photographing everything as normal, but not weighing myself or posting, so you’ll have to wait till Boxing Day to find out how the main cooking went. I’ll be baking 2 batches of cookies and pot roasting a beef brisket in the morning, as well as prepping root vegetables and brussels sprouts to roast for lunch. Its non-stop action here!!!

Once again…

MERRY CHRISTMAS

EVERYBODY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Loved the comment about the moose and the rabbit!

    Wow! You have been so busy, and so much baking. Banana and ginger tea bread - can't quite imagine it actually because both those things have such a strong and particular taste. Be interested to hear what it's like.

    I have never thought of baking biscotti. Very interesting to see it at different stages. Sort of looks more like bread after the first baking. I suppose it only becomes biscuit like after the second baking. And it has maple and walnut in it? Very indulgent!

    Sausage sandwich for breakfast ... Yummmm!

    The holiday weight came off very quickly ... that's pretty amazing given how worried you were about it at various stages. A lovely way to start Christmas!

    Have a wonderful day tomorrow and I hope everyone appreciates all your culinary efforts!

    Bearfriend xx

    PS hardly dare say it, but the cable appears to be working. Terrified that's jinxed it now! Talk about in the nick of time!

    ReplyDelete