Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Sunshiney day

Sorry for yesterday's unwarranted gloom, I'm feeling much better today!
The day got off to a good start with a session on the elliptical walker, and then got better with a sunny walk to town. Even though the sun has now disappeared behind the heavy grey rainclouds its still shining in my mood! I should remember this and work harder to do some real exercise on days when I'm not feeling it - even if I can't walk, there's always the gym or a yoga mat!
Food today:
Breakfast:
Oat & wheat bran with my last nectarine stirred in at the end, along with vanilla whey and soy milk. Tasty and filling!

Lunch:
Houmous, mixed peppers & lambs lettuce sandwich with my vegetable soup. Lambs lettuce is my favourite lettuce! (Is it weird that I have a favourite lettuce???) I don't buy it often because its expensive and shortlived, but it was reduced so I grabbed for it!

Dinner:
I promised something sausage-y with no Colmans sauce involved and this is it! Saucy sausages with lentils, served with roasted broccoli & cauliflower. I reduced the calories in the recipe by using low fat sausages and replacing the olive oil with olive oil spray - possibly a substitution too far, as it was tasty but a little bit dry. Worth experimenting with though, and very easy!

Snacks:
Fromage frais with honey & walnuts,
protein smoothie, and an apple with laughing cow light. Oh yes, and after my walk I figured I'd earned the Big Green Triangle I didn't eat yesterday. It wasn't as nice as I'd hoped, but then what do I expect of cheap mass-produced chocolate? At least waiting till today took a potential sin and turned it into an acceptable treat that I'd earned with lots of physical activity!
Weight today: 10 st 2.1 lbs (142.1 lbs) - and the day after a takeaway (which may have been accompanied by a bottle of cider) I'll take it!!!
Stay Healthy

Chrissie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. It's been highly variable on the weather here too. I walked for two hours this evening and suffered high winds and showers but definitely not as bad as yesterday.

    Not weird to have a fave lettuce at all. I love rocket leaves although I have them mixed with other leaves as they're so strong. I also like herbs mixed in with the leaves like corriander and chervil.

    The sausage dish looks very tempting and must have been very filling too with all those lentils. Plenty of protein there.

    I have had several of those BGT recently...

    Sleep well!
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete