Sunday, 1 November 2009

Sorry I'm late!

But I couldn't get connected to blogger yesterday, don't know what that was about... I wrote this in Notepad last night!
It wasn't a great day for me. I still had an insomniac night, and the effects were starting to wear on me.
I was up early, and managed to walk into town to the library and for some shopping, but I was really dragging on the way home and after getting in had to just lie down on the bed for an hour just to rest. Still didn't sleep of course!
Food wise I was greeeedy this morning! Still within calories due to the length of walk and weight of rucksack carried luckily!
Food Saturday:
Breakfast:
All bran with peaches, home made bran muffin AND a ryvita goodness bar


Lunch:
I tried a can of soup I bought in Chinatown last time I was in London, but it was too spicy so I only managed half of it. With the soup I had a wholemeal wrap with houmous (sweet chilli flavour) and mixed peppers, plus a little spinach. The wrap was good except that one edge had gone hard and dry Free Blinkies I also finished off the home-made crackers, so now I'm ready to do better next time!

Dinner:
2 quorn burgers (I'm planning to start making my own meatless burgers soon, but have some bought ones to use up first) with butternut squash 'chips' and salad. I also topped the burgers with dry fried onions and mushrooms.

Snacks:
Protein bar and smoothie, plus a grilled peach with some cottage cheese - this was LOVELY!!! I sprayed the peach with olive oil and brushed a tiny bit of maple syrup on it before grilling it in my health grill and then drizzling another infinitesimal amount of maple syrup over it. I wanted another one before I'd finished it! (Didn't have one though!) Also a handful of raw almonds, some whole nut crunchy peanut butter, some raisins...

Weight Saturday: 10 st 2.5 lbs (142.5 lbs)
Stay Healthy

Chrissie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. I think the whole of Blogger was down for a while yesterday. I tried to get into it in the early evening and couldn't. When I tried again after 10pm it was OK.

    I wonder why you are suffering such insomnia? With all the walking you would have thought you'd drop off very easily.

    I've never tried one of those Ryvita bars but it looks really delish for only 61 calories. I'll look out for them. The downside might be that you have to buy a 6 pack of them? And I wouldn't be able to just eat one a day. I have had one or two low cal Alpen bars that I've been able to buy individually. But I didn't think they were that great.

    Hope you managed more sleep last night.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete