Sunday, 1 November 2009

Rainy Sunday

Well, I was woken up at 4 this morning by the sound of rain driving against the bedroom window... I didn't get up for a couple of hours, but most of that time I was sitting there reading rather than sleeping. I think I'll have to ask M to bash me on the head with a mallet to get a good nights sleep soon!
The rain put me off going for a walk today. I had meant to head into Chepstow because for some unknown reason I felt a craving for a really fattening 'fancy' coffee from Coffee #1 and the walk would allow me to earn it. It was so wet and rainy though that I wasn't even tempted to drive there for the coffee - I would got drenched walking from the nearest car park. Probably no bad thing as I'm not usually very keen on fancy fluffy sweet coffees and have no idea where that craving came from! Maybe another day, if it clears up...
Food today:
Breakfast today:
I combined the normal all bran with a nectarine and some 'Greek Fromage frais' (fromage frais and honey) because I was hungry!

Lunch:
Houmous, spinach and peppers sandwich and a salad with feta cheese, followed by a muller light yoghurt - vanilla with dark chocolate

Dinner:
I was going to have a boring tin of soup but as my meals have been fairly dull lately I rebelled! Instead I trawled my healthier cook books and eventually picked a recipe from the Moosewood collection - Festive black bean chili. The chili will be served with my home made firecracker cornbread, and another recipe from the Moosewood book, a lighter version of guacamole made with avocado and cottage cheese. It was delicious - though the chili could have been spicier, but that was my fault - it said hot sauce to taste, and I wimped out!



Snacks:
A protein smoothie, a ryvita goodness bar, popcorn, and an apple with laughing cow light. Plus some peanut butter - I weakened and bought myself a jar of Waitrose Whole Nut crunchy PB yesterday and I'm loving it!
Weight today: 10 st 1.5 lbs (141.5 lbs)

Stay Healthy

Chrissie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. I wonder what this not sleeping business is about?

    Probably better that you didn't get to have the coffee. It would only have set the insulin rolling with that combination of caffeine, fat and sugar. It's lethal!

    Another wonderfully colourful day from the nectarine at breakfast to the amazing looking chilli - for some reason it looks particularly Halloweenish - maybe the combination of colours in the sweetcorn and bean? Looks like the perfect thing for this time of year.

    We haven't have much rain here but it just feels very damp. Unpleasant! I certainly hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete