Sunday, 15 November 2009

Not a very good cooking day today!

I did make a very nice soup for my next several lunches... but I also tried to make the spelt crackers again and only got half a batch that weren't thick and leathery - and then I tried a new recipe for dinner which M didn't like, I thought was tasty but the vegetables were undercooked... so not the best! I find screwing up meals a bit depressing, but I know it happens to everybody so I need to just get over myself.
I did have a nice walk in the sunshine this morning before the rain started again, and after working on it all day I think my PC is looking a lot better - I have rebuilt it from the O/S up today, and although I don't yet have all the applications I usually run on it installed yet, the ones that are on seem to work, and it hasn't crashed since I started!
Food today:
Breakfast:
All bran with peaches
Lunch:
New soup based on split peas & veggies with a grilled veg sandwich

Dinner:
Slow cooked mutton stew with baked sweet potato and cauliflower - unphotogenic and undercooked veg - but it still tasted better than it looks!

Snacks:
Peach & nectarine yoghurt, Protein smoothie, protein bar
Weight today: 10 st 2.4 lbs (142.4 lbs)
Stay Healthy

Chrissie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Sounds like the cooking fairy wasn't on your side today! Never mind. You are a great cook and very inventive, but no-one has total success every time. You'll know what adjustments to make next time to make things better.

    I think the stew looks nice. I imagine it was very filling too.

    I notice there seem to have been fewer snacks today than recently. You've obviously had your mind fully employed with the cooking and the computer!

    I really hope the weather perks up soon. No rain today here but it still feels very damp.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete