Tuesday, 3 November 2009

A gloomy day

Weatherwise, moodwise, and foodwise...
Nothing major really, but its a grey boring depressing day and I can't stop eating! I did sleep a little better last night, so I should be feeling better generally, but somehow it isn't like that.
I have only had one very short walk today, just to buy some fruit & veg at a local farm shop. This morning it was very wet, and gloomy the rest of the time; this afternoon we had a few short sunny bursts but they didn't last long. I've been fighting the urge to eat everything in the house all day, with some, not total, success. But we're getting a takeaway tonight, and that will put me over calories. Still, one day does not a weight gain make, and I haven't - so far - really binged. I have eaten a large amount of peanut butter though, and ended up freezing the rest of the jar to hopefully keep it safe from me - it was that or throw it away, which I am reluctant to do. I am feeling a little bit down about being greedy - but still hungry, even though I've eaten more than I should have to this point - so I think I'll just have to go with the flow, hopefully not to ridiculous excess, and get back on track tomorrow.
Sorry for being pathetic about nothing... its just one of those days, you know?
I did buy a theatre ticket today though! I'm going to the matinee of Porridge in Cardiff on Saturday - and hopefully I'll get a little bit of shopping in too!
Food today:
Breakfast:
All bran with nectarine & a ryvita goodness bar
Lunch:
Cream of vegetable soup with spiralized courgette sauteed with onion, garlic and red pepper and tossed with a home-made tomato sauce I made in the slow cooker a while ago - just tomatoes, onion, green pepper & mushrooms. Very good, better than my last spiralizing effort, so I'll keep trying it!

Dinner:
Mixed vegetable chow mein. No chips. No fattening oily sauces. And I didn't eat it all. It could definitely be worse! Also, although I bought myself a chocolate while picking it up - a Big Green One from the Quality Street people - I haven't eaten it yet and may not if I don't feel hungry again tonight. At the moment I'm stuffed!

Snacks:
Protein smoothie, peanut butter, ryvita goodness bar (yes, another one), and some small - very small - slices of wholemeal sunflower & honey bread with banana jam on it. (brought back from St Lucia last year) Raisins. Almonds.
Weight today: 10 st 2.1 lbs (142.1 lbs)
Stay Healthy

Chrissie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Well I think the weather has played a major role today. It's just been so dark and overcast and horrible.

    I went for a walk this evening and really wished I hadn't. It wasn't worth it for the soaking I got.

    Doesn't sound like you did too badly with the eating. There are two things I try never to buy, even if I'm bingeing I rarely go there - nut butter and Nutella. I haven't eaten any nut butter since 2002 and I've only bought about 3 jars of Nutella in the last decade that I can remember. It's just so many calories.

    Maybe you did better than you think today - it's just the desire to eat and not giving in to that desire that wears a person down. Having to fight it. But I think you won the battle here - apart from the pb perhaps.

    Hope the sleeping goes well tonight!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete