Monday, 2 November 2009

Energetic day today!

Well, I had another bad night last night despite staying up later than usual in an attempt to force myself to sleep through. Are you as bored of hearing that as I am of typing it yet? So today I decided to try to tire myself out more.
I got up and went straight to the gym to work out on the elliptical walker, even though I reeeeally didn't want to! I wouldn't call it the best work out but it did make me feel a lot more energetic for a while, so after breakfast I walked into town as well. I was planning to work out again in the afternoon but didn't get to it due to being bogged down with installing and upgrading software on my PC - I went from Vista Business edition to Windows 7 via a past version of Windows... it has literally taken most of the day - but you know I spent some time cooking as well!
I made a new pot of soup for my next 8 or 109 lunches!!! And some veggie chickpea and carrot burgers for dinner as well. That at least I enjoyed - a lot more than the tedious and frustrating IT stuff!
Food today:
Breakfast:
All bran with nectarine
Lunch:
New cream of vegetable soup and a roasted vegetable sandwich with some of my guacamole & cottage cheese dip from yesterday in it instead of the laughing cow - I think I prefer it with cheese! But it was nice to try it!

Dinner:
Carrot cumin chickpea burger in sunflower and honey bread with a big salad! The picture shows 2 burgers but I only managed one as they were really filling - and very tasty, with a good texture. Mine aren't as orange as the ones in the recipe, I guess my carrots were smaller!

Snacks:
Fromage frais with peaches, protein smoothie and protein bar
Weight today: An annoying 10 st 2.4 lbs (142.4 lbs) I didn't overeat that much yesterday, so I guess its water retention possibly due to my body being so bloody tired!
Now to catch up on your blogs now that I have my PC (mostly) back!
Stay Healthy

Chrissie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. I so hope you manage to sleep tonight! If not it's going to be M with the sledgehammer after all!

    At least you have the expertise to do all that computing stuff yourself. I'm terrified to do anything with my computers in case I b*gger the whole thing up.

    The burgers look nice, but I can see that one would be enough as they're a good size and very carb heavy when eaten with the bread. That's the problem I've always had with veggie burgers - they don't really go that well with bread IMO. Fine on their own but not as a proper burger ie in a bap.

    Hope you're sound asleep right now!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete