Saturday, 14 November 2009

Did better today!

No walk today because we've had so much wind and rain - its really depressing when it gets like this! Instead I just spent 20 minutes on a HIIT program on an elliptical walker - and that was enough to work up quite a sweat, though I feel restless now. Very short workouts just don't satisfy me the same way as a longer one or a long walk - I think I've become an 'endurance athlete' by nature, and however exhausted I may feel after a tough intense workout I still feel like I've slacked off because it doesn't last very long - weird, huh?
Also my PC is still slowly committing suicide. Its crashed a multitude of times, several times while trying to boot, so I'm expecting it to just refuse to start up at all any time now. Luckily we have a laptop I can use when that does happen - but I find it very stressful and frustrating while its mucking about. Most of the issues started when I installed Windows 7, and I can't believe I'm feeling nostalgic for the good old days with Vista! Speaking as a tester, I hate the way Microsoft seems to expect its paying cuctomers to test their software for them! They should pay me to fly out to Silicon Valley, I'm sure I could improve things! (sorry for all the exclamation marks, I guess I feel quite strongly about this!!!!!)
Food today:
Breakfast:
Oat & wheatbran cooked in water, flavoured with banana, vanilla whey & cinnamon
Lunch:
Vegetable soup (with a ton of extra veggies) and a laughing cow & spinach sandwich

Dinner:
Lazy! I bought an Innocent Vegetable pot - Indian curry dahl. I haven't tried that one before and it was delicious! With asparagus & green beans

Snacks:
Protein smoothie, cashew cookie nakd bar, fromage frais with honey. I haven't had much interest in food today after yesterday's binge (I never did eat anything else last night and wasn't particularly hungry this morning, though I had been expecting to be starving) so I've had to push myself to eat the snacks especially, because I don't want another binge if my blood sugar drops. I've had 2 bad days in a row and its all to easy for that to become a habit with me... so far though it looks like I've got the urge out of my system for a while - I hope.
I have used my slow cooker to make something for tomorrow's dinner though, you'll hear all about that tomorrow night! (Probably from the laptop.... Angry Emoticons)
Weight today: 10 st 2.4 lbs (142.4 lbs) - not too bad, all things considered!
Stay Healthy

Chrissie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Glad you've had a much better day. I haven't been out for two days because of the weather. It was so bad in the night it really frightened me. But the house seems to have held together so far ....

    All those veggies look lovely - I need to get back to veggies.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete