Wednesday, 11 November 2009

5 min Artisan bread is A-MA-ZING!!!

Truthfully, did you ever see a prettier bread?
From this...

To this...

then this...

And then to this...!!!

I'm very pleased with it - it tastes as good as it looks, and the crust behaves as a crust should!!!
I walked to Chepstow this morning, making the most of it not raining as the forecast says it will every day for the rest of the week. It wasn't a very inspiring day, as it was very foggy over the fields - glancing across from the road everything seemed to just end in a wall of mist. Not very exciting scenery, so I didn't take any pictures! Once I hit the town I went to Coffee #1 and had a steraming mug of apple juice with cinnamon - just as good as last time! It seems very festive to me, and boosted my mood as well as my energy levels. I then just did some very uninteresting shopping and headed home. My feet hurt now, and my leags are tired, so I have a virtuous feeling of having worked hard-ish!
Food today:
Breakfast:
All bran with tinned peach
Lunch:
Home-made vegetable soup spiced up with thai yellow curry paste and some extra vegetables, with a houmous & bell peppers sandwich made with the new bread - just in case you hadn't noticed, I'm kind of pleased with it! So pleased I then had a small crust piece with some reduced sugar jam for dessert!

Dinner:
Turkey meatloaf with mashed cauliflower, peas, cabbage & gravy. This was based on a recipe from a cookbook called 'Healthy Cooking for Two - or just you' and it was delicious!

Snacks:
Protein bar, cashew cookie nakd bar, fromage frais with honey... and popcorn!!!
Stay Healthy

Chrissie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Well done on a brilliant looking loaf! Personally I prefer wholemeal but I know it's lot easier to get a good result with white flour.

    Great to get a walk in while it's not raining. I have failed on that one today because it rained in the evening. It's all about looking for gaps in the rain!

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both ;-)
    I agree that I prefer wholemeal bread too - this was an experiment into the no-knead method, so I wanted to follow the method exactly. I have enough dough for another loaf in the fridge, but next time I make it I'll be starting to add wholemeal flour to the white and I'll build it up gradually to see how much I can add before it stops working ;-)

    ReplyDelete