Saturday, 3 October 2009

Happy Saturday

Weight today: 10 st 2.4 lbs (142.4 lbs). I know I shouldn't be heppy just because of a weigh in that I like, but I'm superficial and obsessional, so I don't care. Again I'm trying not to get too hopeful about this weigh in, not on the basis of one day, but its not working so far!!! Will you catch me if I fall off this high after tomorrow's weigh in....?
Food today:
Breakfast:
All bran with strawberries and a nectarine (slightly hard, sadly)
Lunch:
The same home-made soup and salad as every day for as long as I can remember, so I decided not to inflict another picture on you today! I added feta and avocado to the salad, but everything else was identical
Dinner:
I kind of wanted fish and chips today so I adapted - and forgot to photograph it! I took two small basa fillets, sprayed them with oil & sprinkled taco seasoning on them before sticking them under a grill. I cut some butternut squash into chip shapes, and grilled it till it was browned and softened. With it I had peas, sweetcorn, and tartare sauce. It was nice, but not a patch on the real thing - obviously. SO I had a pudding as well - an Ambrosia custard pot with a layer of rhubarb compote and some 'crumble' topping. It was quite tasty but nothing special. Today has been a bit of a nondescript food day, I hope to do better from tomorrow!
Snacks:
A fruit protein smoothie, a nakd berry cheeky bar, and a protein ball.


And a Dr Karg spelt muesli crispbread. I've only got one left now and I can't get that flavour around here so I'll miss them Free Emoticons
Exercise today was just a walk into town with a heavy rucksack. While I was there I had my hair cut, which did make me feel a bit better about myself - I was very shaggy and also felt nondescript. This afternoon I put a new yoga dvd on to watch before trying it, but it was way too advanced - even though it claimed to have a beginner section, there was no explanation of the poses at all. Luckily I'd rented it from Lovefilm so it doesn't matter, it was going to be my first attempt at Ashtanga yoga and I think I need to look harder for a genuinely beginner-friendly dvd.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris. Looks like the weight loss is going really well! Shame you didn't photo the "fish and chips" - it sounds much nicer than the real thing to me. I'm having fish twice a day at the moment!

    Maybe you need a yoga class? I would love to do one but I'm just not in good enough shape at the moment. Maybe when the new term starts after Christmas ...

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete