Monday, 19 October 2009

God, I'm tired!

I think all the recent walking has caught up with me! After my second walk to Chepstow in 2 days yesterday I decided to give myself a rest today - and instead do a yogalates dvd this morning. After an hour of that (which made my arms buuurn) I thought I was done... then I realised I needed some eggs and bell peppers, and because I'm stupid I loaded myself up with the weighted back pack and walked over the fields instead of driving like a sane person! Now typing is making my arms ache, I've had to rub Instant Refreshing Gel into my shoulders, and I've eaten quite a lot of peanut butter and frozen banana. This is not just because I did yogalates & walked 5 miles today after the busy weekend (over 3 days I think I've walked the equivalent of a marathon - and can't remember my last rest day) but also because I got about 3 hours sleep last night. Ah well, I think I see an early night in my nearish future!
Food today:
Breakfast: All bran with strawberries and maybe 1 little cottage cheese griddle cake
Lunch:
Veggie soup (added peas and corn to the basic soup) and laughing cow salad sandwich

Dinner:
Red pepper stuffed with the other half of my Ainsley's Moroccan Medley cous cous and roasted, with an enormous salad & feta cheese!
Snacks:
Well, I already owned up to the peanut butter... also a protein bar, a protein smoothie, and some fromage frais with warm stewed apple flavoured with cinnamon. And a dried pear or two, some raisins and a small number of currants. All healthy stuff! Unfortunately I may be setting myself up for another disappointing weigh in as I've noticed that the trend seems to be to eat more bulk - even if its healthy stuff and the calories have been earned - on tired / hard working days and then find its still hanging around the next morning. I've been under-drinking as well, and that I'm working on today. Its an annoying trend, but you can't do loads of exercise and expect your body to get by on normal sedentary-level calories, so that's not much I can do about it unless I want to stop training... hmmm. No, I can't do that! But a rest day may be overdue! (Just looked it up - although there have been a couple of days with just a light yoga dvd in, the last real rest day was 2 weeks ago today - oops!)
Weight: 10 st 4lbs (144 lbs)Mad Emoticons
Stay Healthy

Chrissie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie.

    Well anyone would be tired after only 3 hours sleep! Let alone so much walking.

    Have you ever tried dessert apple (skin left on), slices arranged in an oven dish with sultanas and chopped walnuts sprinkled over and a little honey drizzled on top, baked in the oven. Very nice! It has to be dessert apples for that one though. They end up lovely and sweet with a slightly dried apple texture.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW have you seen Art Propelled's latest post? It's about her holiday to a national park in Southern Africa and there are some great photos. I know how you love travel!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete