Sunday, 18 October 2009

The food and stuff bit

As my last post was so long and photo heavy I thought I'd better save the normal stuff for a separate post! First up - no urge to binge today, so I seem at the moment to be handling the switch to maintaining in a fairly sane manner! Perhaps it was partly because such a large part of the day was taken up with something unusual and more interesting than the average Sunday and it distracted me?
Anyway, food today:
Breakfast:
All bran with strawberries, plus one of my little cottage cheese griddle cakes (I made up a batch for M and couldn't resist checking they were still nice Evil_Grin Emoticons
Lunch:
Home-made veggie soup and a grilled veg sandwich - yum! Although I forgot the red onion so it could've been more yummy!

Dinner:
New Covent Garden fresh soup - Choc Full O' Beans! It was very nice but I didn't pick up the hint of chocolate - perhaps the spice was kicked up enough to hide it because I froze the soup? And some Nimble toast with laughing cow. I also tried adding a tiny bit of houmous to the soup after reading about that trick on a blog (can't remember where, sorry!) The houmous kind of dissolved into the soup, making it a little richer and more creamy but not significantly changing the flavour, which was good because the soup was nice on its own.

Snacks:
Protein bar and Go ahead apple and sultana slices in the morning, protein smoothie in the afternoon. I needed some extra fuel for the big walk again! My legs have been demanding to know WTF??? with all the heeaavy walking this weekend!!! I went into Coffee#1 for a refuel when I reached Chepstow and managed to have a black Americano without even considering a biscotti - points for me I think!
Weight today: 10 st 3.25 lbs (143.25 lbs) so I'm back where I was before the over-eating a couple of days ago, and maintaining for real starts now

Stay Healthy

Chrissie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Glad you're feeling saner now.

    That bean soup looks like the thickest soup I've ever seen! I've never heard of chocolate added to soup. I can slightly imagine it ... but I can think of many other things I'd prefer to have chocolate with than beans!

    Hope you are feeling good today.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete