Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Tuesday

My mum and her OH are over this evening so I spent the first part of today swilling out the pigsty I allow myself to live in so that it would be fit for actual humans to spend some time in... I hate housework, there's something about spending that much time doing something that will need doing again in ten minutes that just BUGS me - especially as my greatest talents is walking around without falling over when my nose is stuck in a book so I can't even SEE the mess most of the time! I will admit that I like things better after its done, I just don't see why I should be the one doing it...
Food today:
Breakfast:
All bran with strawberries
Lunch:
I used some of the leftovers from yesterday's mushroom sesame tofu stew (I'd made 3 portions) to make a rather tasty soup. I dissolved about a teaspoon of miso in some boiling water, let it simmer for a few minutes and then added the stew. And that was it. It was... nice. Not the best soup I ever made, but nice, and a good way to use up some stew, and my first attempt at cooking anything with miso. I had that with a slice of toasted walnut bread topped with goat's cheese and a tomato, and it was very filling.

Dinner:
A home-made black bean burger with a biiiig salad! I just defrosted it and heated it in a dry frying pan for a while, then topped it with hot pepper sauce and chomp chomp.
Snacks:
A chocolate flavoured protein bar before walking into town for some food shopping,

a protein smoothie, and a big fruit salad with fromage frais and a tiny dollop of creme fraiche (reduced fat of course). And just a sprinkle of cinnamon. Lots of fruits and veggies as usual!
Weight today: 10 st 3.5 lbs (143.5 lbs) - this would have me doing my happy dance, but its too big a drop to seem realistic so I'm not pinning too much hope to this one being accurate. I had 1.5 glasses of wine last night, so maybe I was a tiny bit dehydrated this morning? Although I did have a litre of water after the wine... anyway, we'll see how things look tomorrow before I get too excited about it!
Tomorrow we're all going to Cardiff for the day, so lots of walking on the horizon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris. Sounds like you're really on track to reach your goal. I think Tofu is really difficult to cook with because it doesn't taste of anything and has a slightly weird texture too. (I used to eat it before I became allergic to it) So if you managed to make it remotely edible, you did well! Having said that I did used to buy smoked tofu, slice and toast it under the grill and then put it in a sandwich with lots of tomato and salad and it was quite delicious. With the unflavoured stuff I mainly used it in curries or pasta stew with plenty of other veg and flavourings.

    Hope you have a nice time in Cardiff.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so well in every respect. I've never had success with cooking tofu. One time I tried to make an eggplant/tofu dish. Everyone, including myself, hated it. I've been a little bit afraid to try again!

    ReplyDelete