Sunday, 6 September 2009

My walk

I walked into Chepstow today - about 9 miles round trip, I think. The way out was a bit dull, but coolish; just after I got there the sun came out and the return trip was a bit warm and sweaty Free Emoticons
Here are some views from the walk and from Chepstow - there might be a couple of surprises in there!!!

Yes, those are ostriches.... I nearly fell over the first time I saw them! There's an ostrich farm a mile or two outside Chepstow, and they roam around in the fields out back. Adds a real smile to my walks!Free Emoticons
Chepstow is a lovely old market town with a well-preserved castle and fortifying walls.

Its got plenty of other historic buildings, reminders of war...

and its a bit of a mecca for tourists. But feels good to the locals as well!
and it has some amazing views over the hills and far away...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris. Looks like a really beautiful walk. Stunning photos - and wacky ostriches!

    You're lucky to live in such a beautiful place. And you want to leave all this for Canada?

    A blog I added to my list recently is one for writers - it might be of interest to you. It's at www.poewar.com Might help you get going with some writing - poetry, novels and other kinds of writing are covered there. At the moment they're doing 30 poems in 30 days, if you're up for a challenge!!

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete