Monday, 28 September 2009

Monday

Last night I got about 3 hours sleep at best, so I did not want to get up when M's alarm went off! I forced myself, as a man from British Gas was due to arrive somewhere between 8 am and 12 noon to service the central heating boiler and gas fire for us. I had wanted to start the day with a walk into town to get my hair cut and go to the library, so I was hoping he'd arrive nearer to 8am. So of course he didn't. He got here about 10, and didn't leave for around 3/4 of an hour. By which time I didn't feel like walking anywhere as the weather had got grey and overcast, so I went for an elliptical walker workout instead. I managed 1 hr (not one of my best workouts because I was still tired, but I did feel better on the machine so I just kept going.) I then did about 5 mins weights with the arms just till my TV show finished. As I got up I realised I was absolutely knackered - slightly trembly, a bit light-headed... perhaps it would have been better not to go on for so long, especially as it pushed back lunch. Ah well, still glad I did it.
Then it was time for laundry - non-stop party around here!!!
Food today:
Breakfast:
All bran with strawberries
Lunch:
Home-made veggie soup with a feta, mixed leaves, tomato and cucumber salad. The feta was a light sheep's milk cheese, my usual feta is cow's milk so it made a nice change. It seemed a bit crumblier to me, but they're both so salty its hard to pick up taste differences

Dinner:
Another new one -I've been getting bored cooking the same meals a lot (in case you hadn't guessed) so I pulled out some cookbooks to shake things up a little. I have loads of cookbooks, many of which I've never actually cooked from - this was one of those, until today. The Moosewoood Restaurant Low Fat favourites. I believe the Moosewood is a famous restaurant in the US? I never went there when I was out there, but a lot of US bloggers have mentioned their recipes so I thought I'd give it a try. Tonight's dinner was their Mushroom sesame tofu stew with their cucumbers vinaigrette to accompany it. It's not the most dazzling meal I've ever cooked aesthetically, but it was very tasty and I could tell it was healthy (not an insult...Free Emoticons)
The only problem I had was that it uses tahini, and mine had separated badly. I stirred it up but still ended up finding a big lump of sesame paste-fused mushrooms half way through! Still, I am enjoying trying new recipes!
Snacks:
Nakd banana bread bar, 2 slices fruit soda bread (after training snack so I didn't pass out while heating the soup up - or jump head first into the peanut butter jar! It was a close thing for a minute there!), massive protein fruit smoothie... and I tried something I've been meaning to try for a while - I grilled a nectarine in my health grill and served it with plain unsweetened fromage frais. It tasted good but I either didn't cook it enough or it wasn't really ripe, because it stayed quite firm.
Weight today: 10 st 5.1 lbs (145.1 lbs)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris. Think you've done really well today with 3 hours sleep AND the gas man. I'm sure you'll sleep well tonight!

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete