Sunday, 6 September 2009

Happy Sunday

Almost had a lie in today!!! I was up at about 5:30 as usual for a comfort break, but then went back to bed until 7 am - unheard of! I must be in holiday mode Free Emoticons
Weight today: 10 st 6lbs Free Emoticons Whyyyyyyyy?
ah well... I'm sure it won't last, as it wasn't really earned.
Food today
Breakfast:
Don't faint, but no all bran was harmed in the making of this breakfast....
I had a wholemeal tortilla wrap, filled with scrambled egg whites, dry fried mushrooms, green peppers and onion, topped with a stingy sprinkle of Caribbean hot pepper sauce! Delicious, different.... but so far not very filling Free Emoticons no picture as it just looked like a rolled up dull brown wrap really!
Lunch:
Another wrap is the plan, this one spread with laughing cow light cheese and filled with grilled red onion, red & yellow pepper, aubergine and courgette. If I manage the big walk I'm currently planning I might stick a few slices of potato in the grill as well.


Dinner:
The plan is to make a risotto with short grain brown rice, mushroom, spinach, veg stock, creme fraiche and laughing cow cheese. I'll begin to bake a couple of portobello mushrooms while that's cooking, then pile the risotto into the mushrooms, top with parmesan and bake for a few more minutes. It will be served with a salad and some roast asparagus.
Snacks:
Protein smoothie (which I may have to eat any minute now...) and fromage frais with peach slices.
The weather forecast for tomorrow is looking very wet so I may have to put off my London trip for a bit. I'll be watching the forecast as the day goes on! And I'll be back with photos!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris. I'm always amazed at how early you get up! 3.30 ... 5.30 ... just glad you got a lie in until the extraordinarily late hour of 7am, lol!

    Breakfast sounds really good - but I'm not a believer in egg whites only. Maybe it would have been more filling with the yolks included?

    In fact all your food today sounds wonderful - my kind of food.

    Hope you got a good walk as planned.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete