Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Busy Monday

I started the day with a Costa coffe to fuel the day's walking! Please note - no fattening muffins or cakes!

I started at Trafagar Square for the National Gallery, but got there about an hour before opening, so I took some photos and went for a wander around:


Got hungry, and a Frusli bar wasn't enough, so in Leicester Square I bought an Orange frozen yoghurt (smallest size they did - not very big as you can see from this shot of my hideous hand for comparison!)

Then back to Trafalgar Square (via Covent Garden) to the Gallery. Visitors aren't allowed to take photos inside the Gallery unfortunately. I didn't see it all - I focused on painting between 1200 - 1500 as they were closest to the entrance ;-) and my attention span was short. But I did enjoy it more than I expected, even though I don't like the religious stuff

After getting my culture for the day I walked to Piccadilly for lunch at itsu again. What can I say - I love their stuff, and you can't complain at them listing all the nutritional information on the food, the shelf labels, and overhead menus now can you? I can a lovely - and huge, yet low cal vegetable dumpling soup (miso soup with vegetable gyoza, udon noodles, mushrooms and beansprouts, with a glass of ginger detox zinger.



After lunch I walked up Old Bond Street, New Bond Street, Marylebone Lane, and into Marylebone High Street to buy some fragrance at l'Artisans Parfumeaur - they gave me a sample last time I came, and I fell in love with it. I then walked up Baker Street to Regent's Park and had a lovely walk through the park for an hour or so. I do think London has some lovely parks, and I believe this is my favourite, since I came here a couple of times when I was younger and went to the Open Air Theatre there to see A Midsummer's Night Dream.



Dinner wasn't exciting enough to photograph - just an M&S chicken, bacon and new potato salad and a fruit salad for dessert. During the day I also had a cereal bar and a granola bar as normal snacks - the frozen yoghurt was to fuel the many hours walking - I've decided to allow a treat a day so I don't go into meltdown again!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris. Congrats on a good food day. Costa coffee is the best but I can't go in there at the moment because the temptation to order their choc fudge cake would be too great. I've never tried frozen yoghurt but it does look good.

    Photo of China town is great - love those red lanterns.

    Are you meaning the paintings in the Sainbury Wing? That's my favourite section. I'm not religious either but I love the images - made before perspective was fully worked out, they are flattened out, solid areas of colour and very stylised. They relate much more closely to modern art than the art that followed and I appreciate them much more than the classical period which hold very little for me. So I think you saw the best bit.

    I've never been to itsu but it sounds like it was a good choice.

    You're very good with the Camera BTW!

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    I think Green Park is my favourite park, but they're all lovely.

    Brings back so many memories as I used to spend a lot of time walking round central London.

    ReplyDelete