Saturday, 5 September 2009

40 things I want to do before I die

I've been working on this list for a while... I've never really had a life plan or a lifetime to-do list... but it seems to me that maybe I should write down a few ambitions, some small, some big, some achieveable, some... probably not, for posterity. If and when I cross them off, I'll re-post the updated list. Hopefully I won't feel like a failure if I don't... but if you don't know what you want to achieve in life, how do you know if you've done it?
1. A trip in a hot air balloon
2. Jump out of a plane
3. Write and finish a book
4. Go on a safari
5. Walk the great Wall of China
6. Cruise the Galapagos
7. Hike to Macchu Picchu
8. Run a 5K
9. Take swimming lessons
10. Complete a triathlon
11. Visit San Francisco
12. Climb the Statue of Liberty (is it open to the public again yet?)
13. See the Grand Canyon - from above and below
14. Visit Ayers Rock
15. Ride the train through the Rockies
16. Do 100 push-ups in one set
17. Hike to Everest Base Camp
18. Learn to drive an automatic
19. Learn to ski - cross country
20. Emigrate to Canada
21. Visit Las Vegas
22. Eat Sushi in Japan
23. Do a world cruise
24. Go on a yoga retreat (for beginners - as I'm rubbish)
25. Learn to meditate
26. Do a night class or correspondance course in something that interests me
27. Do a Moonwalk for charity
28. Do some voluntary work
29. Learn a martial art
30. Write a poem / haiku
31. Get a tattoo
32. Bake a St Lucian wedding cake in honour of the one we had when we eloped there
33. Go on safari
34. Complete the 3 Castles walk in Monmouthshire - 19 mile circular walk
35. Complete the 3 Peaks Challenge?
36. Take dance lessons - ballroom / salsa / belly dancing
37. Write a poem
38. Invent my own cookie / muffin (not by tweaking someone else's recipe)
39. Visit the Space Station - you've got to shoot for the sky!!!
40. Pose as a life model for an art class

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have a whole load of amitions! Ever thought about being a travel writer? There's so much travelling you want to do. And I don't mean just reviewing hotels and things but something a bit more meaningful and deeper than that.

    The S of L is partially reopened for guided tours - I saw it on TV recently.

    I hope you get to do all these things - although I think going into space may be a little tricky ...!

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete