Tuesday, 1 September 2009

38 today!

It's my Birthday!
And my last (short) week at work!!!
Weight today 10 st 5.4 lbs :-( Don't know why the uptick so I'm chalking it down to not drinking enough water yesterday... Still not much of a B'day present!!!
Not planning to really eat fit for a birthday today either - my Mum & her fiance are coming over tomorrow so I think we'll get a takeaway then. I did sneak a couple of each type of cookie (they were going down fast when I left work and I'm pretty sure the temptation will have vanished by the time I get there tomorrow!!!)

On the 1st of September last year I had my last (so far) truly major binge. I drove to the supermarket and bought biscuits, cake, popcorn, a snickers... today I'm actually impressed that I didn't really want to eat lots of my cookies (and not because they weren't nice!!!) I didn't enjoy that birthday binge at the time, I seem to remember crying while I ate it... this is better! I'll still go over calories today, no question, but wow the difference in my mood!!!Free Emoticons
Food for today:
Breakfast:
All bran with strawberries & a smoothie
Lunch:
My favourite grilled vegetable and laughing cow cheese sandwich; 2 No No Hot 'n' Spicy crackers
Dinner:
Turkey chilli with brown rice & salad - tasty but not pretty enough to photograph, especially with my dodgy camera work!
Snacks:
fromage frais with stewed apple; 2 banana and 2 chocolate cookies; half a portion of cheesecake with honey (threw the other half away when I'd had enough - yay me - first for eating slowly enough to tell when I'd had enough, then for acting on it!) I might also have had a couple of tiny mini meringue nests as well... and a couple of glasses of white wine - but if you can't drink on your birthday, when can you???? I think that's enough though so I may just take the laptop upstairs again, that seemed to help last week Free Emoticons

3 comments:

  1. Happiest of Birthdays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Chris!

    Glad you had such a good day. I think you're allowed one or two little treats on your birthday so I think you were actually very restrained.

    It's great that your mood is so good. You're obviously looking forward to having your freedom (from work), despite the uncertainty involved in that. You sound really positive.

    Definitely better to blog than eat. Just try not to stay up all night reading ...

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS looking back over your archive it just shows what a good place you are in now - eg 20th July thinking you could never bake cookies for other people without eating the lot (or a large amount) yourself. You were being really down on yourself in that post and didn't think you would be able to do it and now you have ... Progress!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete