Sunday, 30 August 2009

Quiet Sunday

Not much happening today...
I tried to go for a walk earlier but the weather was so unappealing I didn't bother. Then I started eating extra-calorific stuff, and feeling nibbly - so I pushed myself into a 40 min session on the elliptical walker. I'm quite tired now... I hadn't realised how much my condition has deteriorated since I got back from my cruise and turned lazy!
After typing that I sugared my legs - that woke me up a bit!!!
I baked some bran muffins this morning for M, and that put me in the mood to bake some more. This afternoon made the dough for some World Peace Cookies. I'm going to take them, and some banana cookies, to work on Tuesday as a goodbye treat for the test team (even though I'll be working till Friday)
Very unpretty rolls of chocolate chocolate-chip cookie dough
Food today:
Breakfast:
Poached eggs on toast
Lunch:
Toasted sandwiches - 1 cheese & spring onion, 1 cheese and tomato in Nimble bread. Should've been home-made soup, but that just didn't appeal to me.
Dinner:
Sausage casserole with mashed turnip & swede and broccoli.
Snacks:
1 slice wholemeal bread spread with peanut butter & topped with sliced banana; bowl of fromage frais with stewed apple (thanks for the suggestion Bearfriend, it was yummy!) and a bowl of all bran with strawberries.
Weight this morning: 10 st 5.4 lbs (145.5 lbs)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris. Congrats on your weight loss! You're doing really well. That holiday should really keep you motivated now.

    Your food for today looks delicious. I don't like potatoes so have often used swede instead eg for a topping on savoury bakes, sliced or mashed. Especially nice on a lentil bake. A much healthier alternative and a lot gentler on the stomach than potato.

    Glad you liked the apple.

    Hope the team appreciate your cookies on Tue... lucky bunch!

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete