Saturday, 29 August 2009

On Hold

We've decided to book the holiday in Cuba (availability permitting) so I'm on hold to talk to www.dreamticket.com. Just as I was about to hurl the phone at the wall if I heard "you are at queue position 5" on more time... "you are at queue position 4"!!! This could take a while!
Food today:
Breakfast:
All bran with very very over-ripe strawberries
Lunch:
Pasta with red pepper, onion, tomatoes & garlic - 24 cloves of garlic to serve 2 people. Anti-social (and not pretty enough to photograph) but very tasty.
Dinner:
Ostrich steaks with oven chips & salad. The ostrich is from www.alternativemeats.co.uk, an excellent mail order site for meats from South Africa, Australia, and elsewhere. Their bison steaks and kobe burgers are to die for!
Snacks:
Amore yoghurt with walnuts & honey - yummy but so so rich! And a bag of mixed dried fruit. I may have a protein smoothie after I get off the phone, if I ever do...
Weight today: 10 st 6.25 lbs (146.25 lbs)

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Exotic or what!?! I've never tried anything like ostrich. You're certainly adventurous.

    Always a good start to to the day to be a pound down :)

    Good on you for going for the Cuba holiday. Hope you really enjoy it.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete