Monday, 31 August 2009

Bank Holiday Monday

I started the day with a huge bowl of bran today - a mixture of oat bran and wheat bran, cooked in water with a pinch of salt. I beat in a frozen sliced banana, some protein whey, and coconut milk, and sprinkled it with desiccated coconut - it was tasty, but I hardly tasted the coconut

For lunch I had a bowl of home-made soup and a sandwich. That wasn't very filling so I also had some sweet chilli houmous with veggies - pretty colours!
Dinner will be a big stir fry with quorn as I'm all cooked out after making 2 kinds of cookies this afternoon.
First, Grandma's Banana cookies with chocolate chips

Before

After
Then I finished the 'World Peace cookies' that I mixed up yesterday and chilled over-night. They looked more appealing raw and sliced

And even better baked and ready to eat!

Weight today 10 st 5 lbs exactly (145 lbs)
Snacks:
A summer fruit smoothie and a waitrose mango & passion fruit yoghurt (is it sad that on a good day when I'm shopping I look at the slightly-less-low-fat low-fat yoghurts for a treat??? I also had one of each type of cookie but they had no calories because I was just checking they're OK to feed to other people
;-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris. Thanks for your comments. Appreciated as usual!

    Those cookies look good!

    Couldn't cope with all that bran though. Coconut doesn't taste much unless you toast it.

    The best ever fat free yoghurt is Yeo Valley. It is so creamy and sweet - not acidic at all - so I never need to add any sweetening to it. You would never believe it's so light in calories. Have you tried it? Stapleton Farm yoghurt is also excellent. Just tried it recently. SO thick and creamy and also virtually fat free, it is a little acidic though.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete