Thursday, 2 July 2009

Aching and Paining today!

Yesterday I did indeed manage another kettle bells session - 6 minutes swinging (alternating a minute on, a minute rest, 11 mins in total) and 5 mins Turkish Get Ups. Then I spent 40 mins ellipticising. Almost straight away my legs started complaining and I'm feeling a bit bandy-legged today as well!
I have to confess that I didn't 100% behave yesterday, though my weigh in says I could've been MUCH worse! In addition to my planned food, I had about 4 KFC popcorn chicken pieces, about 4 fries, and a mouthful of a mini fillet. I also had maybe a dozen salted pistachio nuts. M Wanted the KFC, and I resisted joining him properly - and after eating the few bits above I was glad as it was nowhere near as good as I remembered it. KFC used to be my favourite takeaway (I loved the fillet burger, and that I didn't try again so maybe I still would) but now I don't mind if I never have it again. In the end, M agreed, though he still ate a fair bit of it. I admit we may both have been influenced by the fact that we live 20 mins drive from the nearest KFC franchise and I drove home with it rather than it being eaten freshly cooked. After eating the KFC bits I was in the mood for salt, so that's when I tried the pistachios and they were AMAZINGLY nicer! They tasted fresh, natural, a little sweet, a little salty....oh yes, and a little nutty! I could've eaten the whole bag, but was relatively strong - and didn't! The rest are still at home, so I need to do something about them before my next bad day though... (photo of pistachios bag?)
Still feeling rather less interested in snacking all day at the moment. I did have a small handful of frozen banana & grapes after training, but I needed it - for the coldness and for the carbs - so I don't regret that at all. All in all, quite a successful day!
Today is due to be a rest day since the gardener is coming this evening. I hope it isn't raining, as the grass needs cutting badly - last week he sprayed it with a weedkiller / lawn feed combo that couldn't be applied within 3 days of a mowing so its looking very overgrown. And the weeds don't look very dead yet either.... If I feel energetic later in the day I may try to fit in a short training session (no kettle bells though!). It's weird - some weeks I barely train at all, other weeks I get antsy if I can't train for one day... shame I can't even out so that I consistently train 6 days a week, but I guess that's just not the way my body / mood works. I'm hoping the recent heatwave will ease up a bit now as its forecast to, so that I can pick up on the attempt to run again. I've got four weeks to the holiday (including this one - so really more like 3) and haven't run at all for weeks now. The problem at the moment is I can't go before work or at lunchtime, and by the time I get home in the evening its so hot I'm very reluctant to risk it. Or maybe that's just an excuse, I don't really know.

Food today:
Breakfast:
All bran with strawberries, green monster smoothie made with frozen spinach & banana, skim milk & chilled green tea, and chocolate whey protein - I prefer it with vanilla whey myself
Lunch:
Sandwich made with Nimble bread, houmous, mixed salad leaves & mixed bell peppers; one large egg hardboiled, mashed with laughing cow light, and spread on 2 dark rye ryvita crispbreads.
Dinner:
Innocent Veg pot (Tuscan bean stew) with cauliflower, & broccoli. The veg pot wasn't as nice as the last one - the thai one
Snacks:
Natural Fromage frais with mandarin oranges, natural bio-yoghurt with blueberries, a Weight Watchers pineapple yoghurt, 3 flatbread crackers, some raisins and more pistachios (oops)

Nutrition Summary
Calories (kcal) 1587
Protein (g) 95.9
Carbohydrate (g) 196.1
Fat (g) 45.4
Fibre (g) 60.1
Fruit & Veg 11.7

No comments:

Post a Comment