Tuesday, 28 July 2009

I think I've overdone the caffeine this morning....

I have a strange floaty feeling! As if my head might actually take off for the ceiling at any moment... Not sure what to do to neutralise it, but it does slightly insulate me from the tedium of work so maybe I don't want to... At the moment I'm just trying to flush my system with lots and lots of water, which requires lots of comfort breaks and therefore also makes being at work less boring - so no downside there (except its slightly embarrassing!Free Emoticons)
Food today:
Breakfast
All bran with strawberries and a random 'use stuff up' protein smoothie - summer fruits, blueberries, strawberries, banana and spinach all made an appearance, along with ground flax, goji berries and chia seeds. Not quite thick enough, but yummy!
Lunch:
Home-made veggie soup with spelt sunflower seed bread and a leafy salad with mixed sprouts, radishes, watermelon and feta cheese.
Dinner:
Spicy chilli with brown rice and a salad; corn on the cob

Snacks:
Fromage frais with peaches, stewed pear(nowhere near as good as stewed rhubarb - tastes bland and has a gritty texture), and a big tub of water melon (why are watermelons so bloody huge???? I've still hardly dented the thing - I'm going to have to freeze a huge chunk of it before we go away!)
As I went mad and bought too much fruit & veg at the weekend for a week when we're off on holiday soon I have to try to find ways to use them up - and I don't have time to eat it all! So I'm planning to try baking a crust-less quiche this evening to use up some egg whites, onions, mushrooms, peppers and courgette. I haven't done this before, though I have made lots of frittatas on the stove top with egg whites, so I'm looking forward to trying this. I may also add some jalapeno peppers and low fat (cathedral city) cheddar or grated parmesan. I'm thinking it might be nice with salsa and salad leaves in Weight Watchers wraps, or for breakfast for protein (instead of a smoothie if I'm not in the mood for a sweet breakfast), maybe on a muffin with some bacon and grilled cheese... Depending on the calories it might make nice snacks as well, as even I don't ALWAYS want to snack on sweet foods. Its a bit annoying to be freezing more stuff when I'm supposed to be clearing the freezer but its more important not to waste the veggies I think, and I will go back to the using up food policy after the holiday...
Anyway, here's the baked frittata - a rainbow of lovely veggies, and the finished product!



Weight today: 140.5 lbs (10 st 0.5 lbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment