Friday, 3 July 2009

I didn't train yesterday, and I think that was the right decision as my legs now feel much better for the rest. Today if the weather holds I want to walk after work (finishing at lunchtime today, yay!), if not I'll train at home. Either way I hope to include some kettle bells while I'm still in the 'zone'. It is feeling cooler today (and grey, damp and miserable) so I'm hoping to do some running (my version of running) tomorrow and Sunday as well as a walk tomorrow morning (to get a hair cut and go to the library - god the excitement) and if its not raining, Sunday morning as well - my favourite day to go for a really long walk as Saturday is the morning I do my big weekly shop and other errands that get in the way.
M and I agreed yesterday to stop spending money on a whim until we can reduce the balance owed on our mortgage a bit. If he'd just waited till today to suggest it I was going to buy myself a spiralizer... ah well, I can't even convince myself I really need one, so it'll wait a few months, though I probably won't want it as much if the weather's cold by the time we're happier with the financial position. I do want to try replacing pasta with courgette / carrot 'noodles' though not raw veg - I already do use veg in place of pasta when I make bolognese sauce but they don't look as appetising as some photos I've seen of spiralized veggies. (My own fault because I don't have the patience to pretty them up so they're very obviously just thin slices of veg) I did order 3 books before he mentioned it, all of them about how thoughts and mood can influence health and fitness, so I'm looking forward to reading them and hopefully coming away with something to work on my depressive nature and calorie obsession!
The books were "The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe" by Lynne McTaggart
"Molecules of Emotion: Why You Feel the Way You Feel" by Deepak Chopra and
"The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles"
by Bruce H. Lipton
I'll be blogging what I think about them when they come!
Food today:
Breakfast:
All bran with skim milk and banana; summer fruit smoothie with frozen spinach, goji berries, soaked chia seeds, green tea and skim milk. I ate the smoothie out of a bowl with a spoon, and scattered a tiny few cacao nibs on the last few spoonfuls to try. They were... interesting. I think I'll like them... I knew they'd be more bitter than processed chocolate but I think I underestimated the need to get used to them. Plus to be fair I don't usually add chocolate of any kind to a smoothie - even a puddingy one - so that's a bit different too. I do look forward to trying them on oatmeal - I've got some rude health apple and date porridge to test them on at some point.
Lunch:
Mushroom and onion omelette (one large whole egg + 68g liquid egg whites) and laughing cow light
Dinner:
187.5g kobe beef burger (no bun), topped with a big slice of red onion and mushrooms if I train, with home baked oven chips and salad
Snacks:
someone's birthday jammy doughnut - yum!!! (but also oops)
Natural low fat bio yoghurt with mandarins, 3 flatbread crackers, some raisins and a few bits of frozen banana

I didn't train in the gym, but I did go for a walk (with my heavy backpack) for an hour so I think I did quite well - especially in this heat!
Weight: 9st 12 lbs 6 oz (138.4 lbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment