Monday, 13 July 2009

Another boring Monday....

The weekend was really good despite the unreliable weather, so I really didn't want to get up and come in to work today. Yeah, I know, me and the rest of the working population... I want to go for a run right now, hopefully that will last till I actually have the time and opportunity.
Its due to rain this afternoon, so that will probably dent my motivation - I've never actually run in the rain yet and don't really want to, primarily because I wear glasses and they are very annoying when it rains. If I don't manage to force myself out in the rain I'll try to do something else, maybe even a circuit of all our cardio equipment.
Last weeks rut-buster challenge went well, with 3 new recipes in the end - the tofu thing, the tacos (yes, I used a kit, but even so...) and the slow roasted pork, which turned out really well.
Tonight I'm doing a sort of pad thai. I am cheating and using a jar of sauce because it needs to be used up, but I'm using it on a mixture of stir fried vegetables and replacing the noodles with spaghetti squash. I've never tried spaghetti squash before, so I figure trying a new ingredient qualifies it for the rut-buster challenge.
Food today:
Breakfast:
Massive (and I do mean massive) egg salad sandwich made with rye bread
Lunch:
Salad with feta cheese, also a very small test portion of wild rice salad from Waitrose. Served with ryvita crispbreads and laughing cow.
Dinner:
pad thai squash with teriyaki tofu
Snacks:
Fromage frais with strawberries and raspberries
Second day of the no sugar or sweeteners plan! I managed yesterday - just about - really missed the soft drinks, and did eat quite a bit of fruit, and some no-added sugar peanut butter. Today though, less successful - I bought a low fat yoghurt pot at work, the yoghurt itself was plain but there was a layer of fruit at the bottom and it tasted pretty syrupy. I'll keep trying for the rest of the week though, and hopefully still do better than usual. It may not be all bad - I had a persistent (slight) headache earlier and now its gone... maybe I should do this the way I quit caffeine every so often - cut down considerably one week then cut it out the next...
Weight: 9st 12 lbs 6 oz (I know I said I wasn't weighing daily any more but I got up half asleep and was standing on the scale before I realised what I was doing...)

No comments:

Post a Comment