Monday, 29 June 2009

Holiday countdown


In 4 weeks time I have a holiday booked. I'll be gone for 8 nights, cruising the Norwegian Fjords on the Celebrity Equinox (brand new ship on its inaugural voyage - not 100% confident that that is a good thing, I'd be a little bit happier if they'd already spent some time practising on someone else first!) The ship looks beautiful, very new and shiny and pretty big. We've cruised with Celebrity before and found the ship, the service and the food all to be really good. We've mostly cruised in the Caribbean or the Med, with one trip to Scandinavia and the Baltics. I don't really know what to expect of the weather, apparently it could be 15 degrees, 30 degrees, or anywhere in between - and its their wettest season as well. I guess I'll take lots of layers and hope for the best. Plus waterproof jacket AND trousers - we've booked a couple of hiking tours and they run whatever the weather is doing. It will be nice to get a hike or two in the Norwegian forests, and have a more active time than usual.
I'll be in the gym every day as well I hope, burning off some of the calories that I will be eating all day...

When we go on cruises we generally travel with M's parents. We introduced them to cruising a few years back and they're hooked like us now. My father and his wife also like cruising, they went for the first time last year, and I hope sometime we'll go with them. My mother and her OH will never join us on a cruise sadly... Mum hates the sea, can't swim a stroke and goes green on a river boat so she'll never be persuaded that she wants to try a cruise. I don't blame her, they cost too much to go feeling negative about them. I doubt very much I'll post anything while I'm gone, but I'll try to take loads of photos to upload when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment